Commenting, Brian Stockbridge, Non-Executive Chairman of NQ Minerals said:
“We are pleased to report the Hellyer project in Tasmania, Australia has now moved to the commissioning phase. This is a great milestone, and we are very proud of the management and team at Hellyer and the efforts made to get the project to this stage. We are looking forward to seeing concentrate shipped later this year.”
NQ Minerals Plc (OTCMKTS: NQMI), a London listed company with Australia based exploration and mining assets, today announced it has commenced flotation commissioning at its Hellyer polymetallic operation in Tasmania, Australia.
The full detailed report can be viewed on the Company’s website: www.nqminerals.com
· Commenced successful tails dredging and pumping slurry from the main tailings dam to the Hellyer Mill.
· Commenced commissioning of the base metal flotation circuit at the Hellyer Mill.
· Major mechanical components including the Concentrate Filters are now all on site and nearing complete installation.
· Dredge commissioned and in operation. Approximately 120,000 tonnes of material moved from the Finger Pond to Main Tailings Storage Facility prior to its now successful production start-up.
· Approximately 62,000 hours worked on the project to date with no reportable injuries.