Metal Tiger plc (LON:MTR), the London Stock Exchange AIM listed investor in natural resource opportunities, today announced that Cobre Limited (ASX:CBE), in which Metal Tiger own a 19.99% interest, has today announced the details of its planned 6,000 metre drilling campaign at the Perrinvale Volcanic-Hosted Massive Sulphide Project located in Western Australia.
Cobre’s full announcement including maps of prospect locations can be found here:
Cobre’s upcoming drill programme includes 3,400 metres of Reverse Circulation (RC) drilling and 2,600 metres of Diamond Drilling (DD). The field crews have begun mobilising to site in preparation for the arrival of drill rigs later this month. The first DD holes are expected to commence at Zinco Lago and first RC holes at Schwabe.
The key targets of this exploration drilling campaign will be:
- to further explore the VHMS mineralisation modelled by the soon to be completed Moving Loop Electromagnetic (“MLEM”) surveys at the Schwabe Prospect by RC drilling, which will be followed by step-out DD holes;
- to drill two diamond core holes at the Zinco Lago Prospect to test the potential of the primary sulphides identified in the previous drilling campaign, which indicated a massive sulphide or highly graphitic lithology;
- to drill the Zinco Rame prospect, which is the central part of a trend between Zinco Lago and Lago Rame identified as part of the recent MLEM program;
- to drill new VHMS targets at Piega del West and Costa del Islas; and
- potentially drill the Ponchiera Copper and Ponchiera North prospects, following the results of the ongoing MLEM survey.
Michael McNeilly, Chief Executive Officer of Metal Tiger plc, commented:
“Following the exceptional drilling results in the initial exploration programmes, Cobre has already proven the multi commodity potential at Perrinvale. With this new phase however, we look forward to potentially expanding upon that potential as Cobre drills existing prospect discoveries, as well as testing multiple new prospects at new locations. We look forward to receiving further news from the campaign and to updating shareholders as drilling progresses.”