Universe Group plc (LON:UNG) are a leading British financial technology company with over 30 years’ experience. They design, build, install and support systems in 8,500 retail sites – processing over 6 billion transactions each year through our data centres.
Established in 1991, Card Clear was admitted to the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) in 1995, and renamed Universe Group in January 2000.
Universe Group PLC is incorporated in the UK and its main operations are in the UK and Ireland. It’s subsidiary company htec ltd is one of Europe’s largest providers of Loyalty, Payment and Forecourt Technology Solutions with over thirty years experience in providing payment and loyalty solutions to the retail and petroleum industry. The shares are only traded on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange and there are no trading restrictions on any of the shares in issue.
The Group is an innovative and profitable British financial technology company. They design, build, install and support systems in 5,700 retail sites – processing over 6 billion transactions each year through data centres. The objective is to maximise revenue and profit growth by cementing their position as a market leader in their chosen verticals in the UK.
Building innovative partnerships with world-leading retailers
In the annual report for year end Dec 2016 the company announced another encouraging performance for the year, a year dominated by heavy investment in it’s new product suite. Whilst
revenues dipped 3.0% as certain planned customer deployments slipped beyond their financial year end, profit before tax rose 20.0% to £2.01m and diluted EPS was up 20.6% to 0.76p. Cash generation was robust. Partly by way of pilot sites, they have been busy developing further their next generation point of sale, back office and head office solutions, and full-scale roll-outs to customers are now scheduled or underway. Other new products such as their cloud-based digital advertising product for in-store use, selfcheckout tills and tobacco dispensing technology were all deployed for the first time with customers in 2016. The year also saw the development of the successor to their market-leading card payment terminal and this will be launched in 2017.
There has been considerable customer interest in it’s renewed and high-functionality product set and this bodes well for continued growth in 2017 and beyond. The board thanked all staff for the year’s achievements and looked forward with continued confidence.
Universe Group plc Board MembersNon-Executive Chairman - Robert Goddard
Chief Executive - Jeremy Lewis
Finance Director/Company Secretary - Robert Smeeton
Group Sales and Marketing Director - Billy Tank
Non-Executive Director - Malcom Coster
Non-Executive Director - Andrew Blazye
Company website for Universe Group plchttp://www.universe-group.co.uk/
- Universe Group plc Trading in line with expectations - 25th June 2019
- CEO Q&A with Jeremy Lewis at Universe Group plc (LON:UNG) - 26th April 2019
- Universe Group plc Appoint Ivan Brooks as non-exec Director - 23rd April 2019
- INTERVIEW: Universe Group Better than expected 2018 and a confident start to 2019 - 18th April 2019
- Universe Group plc A Profitable year, with continued success implementing current product range - 17th April 2019
- Universe Group plc Acquisition of Camden Technology and new £5.0 million facilities with HSBC - 3rd April 2019
- Universe Group plc Rolls Out New Payment Service For Euro Garages - 9th January 2019
- Universe Group plc launches an in-store scan and go app - 25th October 2018
- Universe Group plc partnership with P97 Networks Inc - 9th October 2018
- Universe Group plc in robust health and well positioned in the market - 19th September 2018
- Q&A with Jeremy Lewis Chief Executive Officer at Universe Group plc (LON:UNG) - 12th April 2018
- INTERVIEW: Universe Group Plc CEO discusses strong 2018 start - 11th April 2018
- Universe Group plc solid start to 2018 with a two-year contract extension with a large food retailer client - 11th April 2018
- Q&A with Jeremy Lewis Chief Executive Officer at Universe Group plc (LON:UNG) - 16th March 2018
- INTERVIEW: Universe Group Plc Next Gen EPOS hits 70th Rontec Forecourt - 13th March 2018
- Q&A with Jeremy Lewis Chief Executive Officer at Universe Group plc (LON:UNG) - 28th September 2017
- INTERVIEW: Universe Group Plc Robust Products & Robust Pipeline - 27th September 2017