Panthera Resources Plc (LON:PAT) was incorporated in the UK and Wales in 2017. The company is focused on exploration and development of its gold projects in India and West Africa and the optimisation of other mineral properties.
The company was founded by seasoned industry professionals with wide-ranging international experience that has included senior executive positions with Billiton.
The flagship property in India is located in the State of Rajasthan where the joint venture company (70% Indo Gold) has identified a preliminary JORC (2012)-compliant Inferred Mineral Resource of 38.5Mt @ 1.4 g/t AU (1.74 million ounces of gold). Additional exploration targets have been identified (and in some instances drill tested by the Geological Survey of India) that suggest potential for at least 6 million ounces gold. Drilling is planned to test these additional targets when the current prospecting licence is granted.
- Multi-disciplined, highly experienced and successful management..
- Defined strategy to unlock value and optimise assets
- High value portfolio of gold properties with drill-ready targets
- Development and optimisation of a +100kt tin deposit in Germany
- Copper-gold target in India available for rapid assessment
- Balance sheet secured through a multi-staged financing agreement
Panthera intends to utilise the proven ability of its Board and management team to develop projects at all stages of the value chain to create a significant gold exploration and development group. The Board wants to build a portfolio of high quality, low cost gold assets in India and West Africa. The plan is to do so through exploring and developing its current and future gold resource projects.
A dual work stream approach will be taken working on both the Indian and West African projects simultaneously. In India, emphasis will be placed on attaining the Bhukia PL and then utilising the extensive amount of exploration already completed by IGL, GSI and HZL to drill define a substantial JORC-compliant resource base and complete a bankable feasibility study.
In parallel the Group will be focused on completing Induced Polarisation, Magnetic, soil geochemical and geological mapping, coupled with RC drilling at Naton. Kalaka will continue to be mapped and RC drilling completed to gain a greater understanding of the structures. The devised plan for Bassala is to continue soil geochemical analysis, field mapping and RAB drilling.
In addition to focusing on the development of its existing concessions, the Company intends to utilise its presence in, and knowledge of, India and the West African region as a platform to seek further growth opportunities via joint venture arrangements and/or acquisitions of other metals projects which could add value to the Group.
Large gold resource with significant upside potential
Current JORC inferred resource of 1.74Moz defined over approximately 10 per cent of the gold in soil anomaly, with high potential exploration targets. The Bhukia project has been subjected to over 150 drill holes in addition to extensive sampling, with the GSI producing an unclassified non-JORC resource of 106Mt @ 2.0g/t Au, 0.15% Cu (6.7Moz Au, 160,000t Cu).
Estimated to be a low cost operation
Management believe the Bhukia project hosts all the key parameters to enable a low cost operation. The mine is expected to be shallow open pit with grade being relatively continuous. The large scale ore body contributes to further low costs. Pit optimisations suggest that the majority of the inferred resource may be recovered at low gold prices. The operation has extensive infrastructure, with power, roads and transport in close proximity.
Support of national Governments
The Government of India (“GoI”) is highly supportive of the mining industry, promoted by President Modi’s “Make in India” campaign to strengthen the nation. The GoI has been particularly responsive when dealing with the Company. The development of the Bhukia Project would bring additional employment opportunities for the local community, and the Company anticipates continued support from the GoI and local community alike. The same is also expected of the Governments of Burkina Faso and Mali who are both promoting the resources industry and regional economic growth.
Board and management team
The Company has assembled a strong board and management team that provide a multi-disciplined, well-educated and experienced leadership, collectively demonstrating substantial experience in the exploration, financing, development and operation of mines.
West African portfolio
The combination of assets in both Burkina Faso and Mali present a portfolio of large, cohesive and untested soil anomalies with significant eluvial, alluvial and artisanal workings spread over well-known gold mineralised geological belts. Panthera will take advantage of its team’s extensive experience in the areas to develop the projects.
Panthera Resources Plc Board MembersMichael Lindsay Higgins - Non-Executive Chairman
Geoffrey Douglas Stanley - Managing Director
Christopher Rashleigh - Non-Executive Director
Peter Joseph Carroll - Non-Executive Director
David Mathew Stein - Non-Executive Director
Timothy James Hargreaves - Non-Executive Director
Company website for Panthera Resources Plchttp://pantheraresources.com
- Gold climbs to weekly tops, around $1338 level - 13th June 2019
- Gold Looks Headed Toward Six-Year High as Global Markets Outlook Dims - 10th June 2019
- ‘Boring’ Gold To ‘Fire Up’ With Scotiabank’s ‘No Trade Deal’ Scenario - 3rd June 2019
- Panthera Resources plc Labola Gold Project Successful Due Diligence Outcome - 30th May 2019
- Russia’s Spring Gold Update: Central Bank Buys Another 550,000 Ounces - 23rd May 2019
- Panthera Resources plc Galaxy Investment Update - 20th May 2019
- Don’t Rule Out Gold At $1,450 In 2020 — UOB - 16th May 2019
- Gold Prices Will Continue To Rise This Year, Says IFC Exec - 10th May 2019
- Gold Won’t ‘Hibernate’ For Much Longer - 3rd May 2019
- Panthera Resources Plc Galaxy Tranche 2 Payment Expected before May 15th - 1st May 2019
- 3 Reasons Why Gold Will Outperform Equities And Bonds - 26th April 2019
- Gold could hit $1,400 by the end of 2019, expert says - 16th April 2019
- Panthera Resources best performer on AIM in the first quarter - 9th April 2019
- Russia’s New Gold Rush Could Shake Up the International Monetary System - 8th April 2019
- Why Gold Is The “Only Currency You Can Rely On” - 2nd April 2019
- Panthera Resources Plc Update on Galaxy Partnership, Indian Mining Policy and Rajasthan High Court Case - 1st April 2019
- Google Pay To Embrace Gold With New Investment Plan — Reports - 25th March 2019
- Gold price SOARS to THREE-WEEK HIGH as investors flock to precious metal - 22nd March 2019
- The Next Inflection For Gold Will Be $1,370, Says Expert - 20th March 2019
- Gold Prices Gain By 100 Rupees: 5 Things To Know - 12th March 2019
- Panthera Resources plc: Anglo Saxony Mining Ltd – Shareholder Update - 8th March 2019
- Gold Miners Have More Upside Ahead - 28th February 2019
- Panthera Resources ‘Potential to add considerable value to the company’ RFC Ambrian - 20th February 2019
- Panthera Resources plc First Tranche of Galaxy Funding Confirmed - 19th February 2019
- Why leading UAE commodity traders are taking a shine to gold this year - 18th February 2019
- China joins global central bank gold rush as foreign exchange reserves stabilise - 12th February 2019
- Gold is back in fashion - 8th February 2019
- Gold Price Explodes - 1st February 2019
- Bitcoin Is No Safe Haven Like Gold – World Gold Council - 30th January 2019
- Gold hits over 7-month peak as Huawei case sparks risk-off sentiment - 29th January 2019
- Why This Billionaire Just Bought Gold For The First Time In His Life - 24th January 2019
- Panthera Resources plc Acquires Labola gold project in Burkina Faso - 21st January 2019
- Gold holds steady ahead of British no-confidence vote - 16th January 2019
- Panthera Resources plc New Kalaka Licence Granted - 14th January 2019
- Gold edges higher, inching back closer to multi-month tops - 11th January 2019
- Gold, Silver Continue To Rally - 4th January 2019
- Panthera Resources PLC Strong progress building on the transformation of the company - 28th December 2018
- Panthera Resources plc Partnership Agreed to Advance Bhukia JV Project - 20th December 2018
- The Gold Bulls Just Regained The Upper Hand - 19th December 2018
- Gold Rally To Accelerate Into Year-End: ‘The Worst Is Behind Us’ — Analyst - 13th December 2018
- Look For ‘Stronger Gold Price Into Year-End’ – Analyst - 6th December 2018
- Gold In 2019: ‘The Best House In A Bad Neighborhood’ – Pepperstone - 29th November 2018
- Gold edges up ahead of G20 meeting; set to post second weekly gain - 23rd November 2018
- Wells Fargo turns positive on gold, here’s how the firm sees it going - 15th November 2018
- India sees jump in bullion sales, as investors return to gold - 8th November 2018
- Central Banks Will Buy More Gold - 1st November 2018
- Gold edges higher as political, economic concerns lend support - 24th October 2018
- Domestic price of gold may rise up to 3% by diwali as rupee weakens - 15th October 2018
- Investors may turn to gold this Diwali as volatility hits equities - 9th October 2018
- Why Gold Is Poised To Pop Like A Jack-in-the-box - 2nd October 2018