NEKTAN (LSE:NKTN ) is a mobile business which develops, licenses and operates Real Money Gaming (RMG) and Freemium Gaming in global regulated markets. It is focused on the Casino and Bingo markets delivering innovative and unique touch gaming products, platforms and services for Commercial Operators, Land Based Operators and Brand Owners. NEKTAN’s content and gaming technologies create new markets, acquire new players and access new revenue streams.
NEKTAN is has an impeccable industry reputation and gaming heritage. Their prestige lies in the development and distribution of mobile games & gaming systems, covering a wide range of regulatory jurisdictions.
- Nektan is an international, licensed operator of a wholly owned technology platform built for the delivery of mobile gaming content in regulated markets
- Since foundation, Nektan has been purely focused on mobile gaming, the fastest growing segment in gaming that is predicted to be worth more than €19 billion of gross gaming revenue by 2018
- The Group’s gaming platform, ‘Evolve’, provides a full end-to-end white label, mobile solution for any business
- The Group is targeting the US and Europe with a B2B product-driven growth strategy
- Nektan currently has a number of live white label partners including Go Win Casino, Red8Casino, William Hill and Winzino. In addition, their contracted pipeline includes RTL Group and City A.M.
Mobile gaming route to market
Nektan was formed in 2011 by Gary Shaw to exploit white label gaming opportunities globally. Nektan is a developer and operator of mobile games in the regulated, interactive real money gaming (“RMG”) space and the freemium gaming space (free of charge but where money is charged for additional functionality or features), delivering white label implementations to large commercial organisations that have established online audiences. The Company’s two live primary mobile gaming channels to market, RMG casino and freemium bingo, are intended to be at the forefront of on-demand mobile gaming entertainment, and two further channels, RMG bingo and freemium casino, are planned to commence in 2015.
Increasing demand for on-the-go entertainment and mobile gaming content
By 2017, it is estimated that there could be 3.4 billion smartphones and 905 million tablets in active use worldwide. Nektan’s market opportunity is driven by the increase in ownership of these mobile devices, as well as the increasing demand for on-the-go entertainment on those devices. In addition, the growing demand for gaming content on mobile devices gives rise to estimates of €19 billion of gross gaming revenue being generated from mobile gaming by 2018.
US market opportunity
A dual track approach has been taken in regard to developing Nektan’s opportunities in the US. The first track is for its established joint venture, Broadcast Gaming, to deliver freemium mobile gaming content to established agency targets that retain large online audiences. The Company plans to use celebrity endorsements to promote the freemium bingo product.
The second track would see the Company deliver mobile platforms to tribal casino operators to provide Class II and freemium gaming content, representing a major opportunity to access the $27 billion tribal gaming market.
Partnerships and commercial pipeline
Nektan targets large commercial organisations that have established online audiences for its white label gaming offer. The Company manages the full customer experience and all back-office operations, allowing the partner to solely focus on marketing the product to its customers as a distribution network. The Company currently has a number of live white label partners including Go Win Casino, Red8Casino, William Hill and Winzino. In addition, their contracted pipeline includes RTL Group and City A.M.
Nektan plc are based in Gibralta, London and the USA.
Nektan Board MembersGary Shaw – Executive Chairman
David Sparks – Chief Financial Officer
Sandeep Reddy – Non-executive Director
Alan Turner – Non-executive Director
Jim Wilkinson – Non-executive Director
Matthew Sunderland – Chief Operating Officer
Company website for Nektanhttp://www.nektan.com/
- How casino apps create an authentic casino experience - 13th June 2019
- Nektan’s Magic Touch - 10th June 2019
- VIDEO: Latest game Age of Panda Warrior - 4th June 2019
- Nektan plc Appoints CFO with over twenty years’ experience in accountancy and consultancy - 3rd June 2019
- Online gambling bucks UK trend - 31st May 2019
- Nektan plc To produce exclusive content for Betvictor - 28th May 2019
- Why Online Gambling Is So Popular Around the World - 15th May 2019
- Are Online Casino Operators Worth Investing In? - 1st May 2019
- Nektan plc Completion of Inter-Conditional Transactions, Reduction of Debt, Increased Placing and Directors’ Shareholdings - 26th April 2019
- Nektan builds on b2b momentum with dench partnership - 23rd April 2019
- Nektan PLC Sale of US Division, Equity Raise and CLN Update - 17th April 2019
- Nektan seals reelfeel gaming partnership - 15th April 2019
- Nektan secures b2b content distribution agreement with sportsbook platform provider - 8th April 2019
- Nektan plc Another record quarter of growth, overall revenue rose 5.9% - 5th April 2019
- Nektan continues b2b growth partnering with bede gaming - 1st April 2019
- CEO Q&A with Lucy Buckley at Nektan PLC (LON:NKTN) - 29th March 2019
- Nektan enhances its content distribution offering with wazdan - 27th March 2019
- INTERVIEW: Nektan Key Milestone Delivered in H1 Results - 27th March 2019
- Nektan plc Achieved EBITDA break-even a key milestone - 25th March 2019
- ASEAN Gaming Summit 2019 Day 3 highlights - 22nd March 2019
- The Phenomena of Online Casino Growth: Gambling in the 21st Century - 21st March 2019
- Nektan add leander games to its content distribution platform - 15th March 2019
- 32 new Netkan casinos in the UK - 11th March 2019
- Nektan PLC Signs Platform and Content Deal with MoPlay - 11th March 2019
- How to Spot a Great Modern Online Casino - 7th March 2019
- Nektan delivers PG Soft Official latest game, Symbols of Egypt - 1st March 2019
- Gaming Trends Shift as Mobile Casino Usage Increases - 28th February 2019
- Getting the Most Out Of an Online Casino - 22nd February 2019
- Jane Ryan, Nektan – A platform to build on - 20th February 2019
- The Future of Online Gambling - 11th February 2019
- Love Reels won Best Nektan slots at Bingoport Players Choice Awards - 8th February 2019
- Nektan senior female leaders awarded Gaming Intelligence’s HOT 50 Industry Executives of 2019 - 6th February 2019
- The Secret to Slots - 5th February 2019
- Nektan enhances in-house games offering with rocksalt partnership - 28th January 2019
- Online Gambling Is Quietly Growing Into a Big Business - 25th January 2019
- 2019 BingoPort.co.uk Players’ Choice Awards - 22nd January 2019
- Top Three Trends That Change The Mobile Gaming Industry - 17th January 2019
- How to Choose an Online Casino for the Best Online Slot Games - 11th January 2019
- Nektan enjoys record Q2 across B2B and B2C - 10th January 2019
- Nektan plc Record Quarterly Revenues combining B2C and B2B divisions - 7th January 2019
- Nektan plc Strong results with revenue growth of 52% - 27th December 2018
- Nektan boosts casino offering with Neten’s live dealer games - 20th December 2018
- Is it legal to gamble online in the UK? - 17th December 2018
- How casino developers do their stuff? Slotsquad talks to Nektan - 12th December 2018
- Nektan Enhances Its Regulatory Compliance Through Partnership With SMP Compliance Academy - 10th December 2018
- Online gambling claims ever-larger share of UK market - 7th December 2018
- Nektan seals rising entertainment content distribution deal - 5th December 2018
- 5 tips to stay profitable when playing online casino games - 4th December 2018
- Nektan platform takes Habanero portfolio to UK - 28th November 2018
- Why gambling firm Nektan could be worth a punt - 27th November 2018