London-listed company KEFI Minerals plc (LON:KEFI) is an exploration and development company focussed on gold and copper deposits, primarily in the highly prospective Arabian-Nubian Shield.
KEFI Minerals is currently progressing feasibility studies on two gold projects:
- 95%-owned Tulu Kapi project in Ethiopia with a Probable Ore Reserve of 1.0 million ounces and Mineral Resources totalling 1.7 million ounces; and
- 40%-owned Jibal Qutman project in Saudi Arabia with Mineral Resources totalling 0.7 million ounces.
As the operator of these joint-venture projects, KEFI Minerals is well positioned to develop these projects prudently while continuing to add value through further exploration.
Planned gold production at Tulu Kapi is forecast to be circa 115,000 ounces per annum at an AISC of US$742/ounce over nine years.
Our aim is to create wealth for our shareholders by developing into profitable mines the gold and base metal deposits that the Company has discovered or acquired in a cost-effective manner.
Since KEFI Minerals was formed in 2006, we have rapidly evaluated and relinquished a number of exploration properties as well as acquiring new projects.
The highly prospective Arabian-Nubian Shield has been the Company’s primary focus since 2008 when it commenced exploration activities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Our prudent approach is exemplified by the cost-effective acquisition of the Tulu Kapi project in the Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in late 2013. The £4.5 million cost of acquiring 75% of this advanced project equates to only $10 per reserve ounce and provides the information collected from historical expenditure of more than $50 million.
In September 2014, KEFI Minerals acquired the remaining 25% of Tulu Kapi for £750,000 and 50 million KEFI shares.
KEFI Minerals is now positioned as the operator of two gold development projects as well as a cost-effective explorer of its portfolio in the highly prospective Arabian-Nubian Shield.
With the appropriate mix of technical and financial expertise, the Company is prudently progressing its projects into profitable gold production with the aim of returning value to shareholders.
KEFI Minerals Board MembersHarry Anagnostaras-Adams, Executive Chairman
Ian Plimer, Non-Executive Deputy Chairman
John Leach, Finance Director
Norman Ling, Non-Executive Director
Mark Wellesley-Wood, Non-Executive Director
Company website for KEFI Mineralshttp://www.kefi-minerals.com/
- Gold price passes $2,000 - 5th August 2020
- Price of gold skyrockets during coronavirus pandemic - 30th July 2020
- KEFI Minerals strengthening gold price continues to highlight strong investment case for Tulu Kapi - 28th July 2020
- London copper advances - 27th July 2020
- Copper takes base metals centre stage - 24th July 2020
- Copper price surges to two-year high - 22nd July 2020
- KEFI Minerals appoints Adam Taylor as a Non-executive Director - 20th July 2020
- Copper gets its turn in metals spotlight - 16th July 2020
- KEFI Minerals expect material increase in maiden Hawiah resource - 16th July 2020
- Will gold hit $2,000? - 13th July 2020
- Copper reaches 12-month high at $6300 - 10th July 2020
- Copper prices reach 5-month peak - 8th July 2020
- Copper set for seventh weekly rise - 3rd July 2020
- KEFI Minerals updates on development financing for Tulu Kapi gold project - 1st July 2020
- KEFI Minerals at the forefront of the gold and copper sector - 30th June 2020
- Shanghai copper climbs over 5-month peak - 29th June 2020
- The European Green Deal is here to stay - 25th June 2020
- Copper gains on supply worries - 22nd June 2020
- KEFI Minerals Tulu Kapi plans remain on schedule - 19th June 2020
- Copper prices rise today - 16th June 2020
- Copper’s Role as a Carrier Metal - 10th June 2020
- Copper prices surge on signs of quick global recovery - 2nd June 2020
- Copper gains on optimism - 28th May 2020
- KEFI Minerals Stage 2 of the Hawiah diamond drilling programme completed - 27th May 2020
- Copper has biggest daily gain in a month - 19th May 2020
- KEFI Minerals receives approval from National Bank of Ethiopia for proposed debt finance - 19th May 2020
- KEFI Minerals Strong investment case for Tulu Kapi to both investors and the Ethiopian Government - 14th May 2020
- Copper: An Essential Resource - 12th May 2020
- KEFI Minerals Conditionally raised £3.7 million - 11th May 2020
- Copper at highest in nearly a week - 6th May 2020
- Gold moves higher after Fed statement - 1st May 2020
- Copper rallies on demand hopes - 28th April 2020
- Gold scales over 1-week peak in Europe - 24th April 2020
- KEFI Minerals Partners remain keen for Tulu Kapi to commence development - 24th April 2020
- Copper in demand for climate-based retrofitting - 22nd April 2020
- Copper rises as Trump unveils plans to reopen economy - 17th April 2020
- Copper Surges to Four-Week High - 14th April 2020
- Copper near 3-week high - 7th April 2020
- Coronavirus outbreak should accelerate prevailing bullish gold - 1st April 2020
- Copper kills coronavirus as experts find bug only survives on metal for 4 hours - 27th March 2020
- Copper prices trending toward $4,200/t - 17th March 2020
- Collaboration between industry and policymakers is vital to a more circular economy - 10th March 2020
- Edison: Tulu Kapi project started and financings improved - 6th March 2020
- Copper’s Role as a Carrier Metal - 3rd March 2020
- KEFI Minerals update on Tulu Kapi & Hawiah projects - 28th February 2020
- KEFI Minerals identify three separate zones for potential mining at Hawiah - 27th February 2020
- London copper rises on hopes of stimulus to counter virus impact - 26th February 2020
- KEFI Minerals 121 Mining Investment Cape Town 2020 Spring - 21st February 2020
- Gold price jumps to near 7-year high - 19th February 2020
- KEFI Minerals confirms all resolutions passed at TKGM GM - 17th February 2020