Allergy Therapeutics Plc provide information to healthcare professionals about the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of allergic conditions with a special focus on allergy vaccination (also known as specific immunotherapy or desensitisation therapy). Allergy vaccination is a successful treatment that deals with the underlying cause of allergies and not just the symptoms! Allergy Therapeutics has a long-term commitment to the development of innovative therapies for allergy treatment and allergy prevention.
Allergy Therapeutics® is a Europe-based specialty pharmaceutical company focused upon the diagnosis and treatment of allergy. Allergy Therapeutics has an existing sales base of approximately £40 million per annum, an MHRA-approved manufacturing capability, as well as an established sales and marketing infrastructure in several major European markets. In addition, the Company has a number of novel compounds which have already undergone initial clinical evaluation and, once registered, could potentially revolutionise the treatment of allergy.
Allergy Therapeutics offers:
- An established range of diagnostics and specific immunotherapy vaccines.
- Certain exclusive rights to MPL® – a novel immunological adjuvant in the field of allergy.
- An innovative product development pipeline supported by documented clinical evidence of efficacy and safety.
- Intellectual property rights to five patent families. Patent protection extending between 2018-24.
- A highly qualified scientific and commercial team with industry experienced management.
- A European sales and marketing team in Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Netherlands and Austria, plus a distributor network in Canada, Eastern Europe and South Korea.
- High-quality facilities that offer compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) and increased production capacity.
Our aim is to create a sustainable, fast-growing and profitable European pharmaceutical business with a substantial franchise in the allergy sector. We will achieve this by developing innovative, patented, registered aluminium-free therapies for both the treatment and prevention of allergy-related conditions.
Business, Commercial & Development Strategy
Allergy Therapeutics is a European pharmaceutical company. Its sales and much of its development effort are focused on the area of immunotherapy for allergy. Immunotherapy acts on the underlying immunological cause of the disease. It thereby provides continued treatment which addresses the symptoms of the disease. The right immunotherapeutic products should have great commercial potential.
Allergy Therapeutics’ strategies are therefore to:
- Continue to build our European commercial infrastructure.
- Continue developing improved allergy vaccines with novel adjuvants, improved dosing characteristics, patient compliance and new delivery formulations that result in a patent protected, registered product.
- Broaden the portfolio through the in-licensing and co-development of selected products.
- Develop the aluminium-free vaccines.
- Identify strong commercial partners for non-European specialist markets.
- To develop opportunities with allergy vaccines in the US market.
Allergy Therapeutics Board MembersPeter Jensen - Non-Executive Chairman
Stephen Smith - Non-Executive Director
Thomas Lander - Non-Executive Director
Jean-Yves Pavée - Non-Executive Director
Manuel Llobet - Chief Executive Officer
Ian Postlethwaite - Finance Director and Company Secretary
Company website for Allergy Therapeuticshttp://www.allergytherapeutics.com/
- ‘Natasha’s Law’ introduced to protect allergy sufferers - 10th September 2019
- Call for tougher measures at tourist attractions over peanut allergy fears - 4th September 2019
- Is hay fever more prevalent in the city or countryside? - 27th August 2019
- Still sneezing? Climate change may prolong allergy season - 20th August 2019
- Dundee woman left ‘stranded’ in Asia by airline due to nut allergy to receive full refund - 12th August 2019
- Expert view: Why are allergies on the rise? - 6th August 2019
- Mum pulls son out of school because ‘they didn’t take deadly allergies seriously’ - 30th July 2019
- UK weather warning as thunderstorms put millions at risk of deadly asthma attacks - 26th July 2019
- Which city has the most allergies sufferers? Is it your city? - 22nd July 2019
- Eczema, food allergies and asthma all on the rise in kids - 18th July 2019
- Bad news for hay fever sufferers as warm weather brings high pollen count across UK - 15th July 2019
- How sleeping with a fan on is making your hay fever worse - 12th July 2019
- Allergy Therapeutics plc Earnings ahead of market expectations - 11th July 2019
- Scientific Reason Why Hay Fever Makes You Tired - 8th July 2019
- Hay fever warning for millions as pollen count hits very high after killer heatwave - 2nd July 2019
- Allergy Therapeutics plc Successful legal outcome removes uncertainty - 1st July 2019
- Allergy Therapeutics plc FY19 earnings expected to be ahead of market expectations - 27th June 2019
- Allergy Therapeutics Plc Successful litigation settlement of $7.6 million - 27th June 2019
- ‘Thunder fever’ warning amid fears storms and pollen bomb could trigger deadly asthma attacks - 24th June 2019
- Increase in first time hay fever down to last year’s hot summer, professors say - 20th June 2019
- Allergy Therapeutics plc Appointment of Mary Tavener as Non-Executive Director - 19th June 2019
- France on red alert for severe grass pollen allergies - 17th June 2019
- What Causes Food Allergies? - 12th June 2019
- Dr Christian: Hay fever season is here - 7th June 2019
- Seasonal Allergies More Common in Anxiety Sufferers - 3rd June 2019
- Food Allergies Explained - 28th May 2019
- Immunotherapy Shots May Reduce Dust Mite Allergy Symptoms - 22nd May 2019
- Allergy Therapeutics House dust mite vaccine – clinical progressDraft - 21st May 2019
- Allergy Therapeutics plc Positive top line phase I results for Acarovac MPL - 20th May 2019
- The 14 ingredients known to cause allergies and why they must be mentioned on pre-packaged food - 13th May 2019
- Why Food Allergies Are Surging - 10th May 2019
- How to tell if a sore throat is from an allergy or a cold - 8th May 2019
- Allergy Therapeutics plc Potential of Adjuvant Systems in the Treatment of Cancer - 7th May 2019
- Pollen count warning: High count forecast in this area of UK – expert tip for hay fever - 2nd May 2019
- Hay fever is nothing to be sniffed at… it brings exhaustion, sleepiness, grumpiness and snoring - 30th April 2019
- Pollen count: ‘High’ warnings across the UK – signs and symptoms of hay fever - 29th April 2019
- Flying with nut allergies: What you need to know - 26th April 2019
- Allergy Therapeutics plc Phase III PQ Grass trial now planned - 25th April 2019
- 15 Facts About Every Type of Food Allergy - 23rd April 2019
- HEATWAVE WARNING: Experts issue GREY FEVER ALERT as pollen count set to SOAR - 17th April 2019
- Six plants all hay fever victims should avoid - 15th April 2019
- HAY DAY Hayfever sufferers told to stay indoors as pollen bomb hits three weeks early - 12th April 2019
- Pollen counts are soaring across the US – making allergy symptoms worse each year - 11th April 2019
- Batch of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream recalled over undeclared allergens - 9th April 2019
- How allergies mess with your sleep and what you can do about it - 5th April 2019
- Suspect Your Sniffling Child Has Spring Allergies? Look for This Sign - 4th April 2019
- Early Start To Hay Fever Season This Year – How Weather Conditions Affect Pollen Levels - 1st April 2019
- Hay fever warning: Do you have hayfever symptoms? Experts warn season has started EARLY - 29th March 2019
- This is why you may be suffering from hay fever at the moment - 27th March 2019
- Skipping Spring Cleaning Can Make Allergies and Asthma Much Worse, According to Doctors - 25th March 2019