But now, the automotive data experts at HPI have published a definitive guide to help consumers avoid confusion.
- AFVs Alternative Fuel Vehicles – vehicles not powered by petrol or diesel engines.
- BEV Battery Electric Vehicle – vehicles powered solely by a battery that is charged from an external power source.
- CAZ Clean Air Zone.
- EV Electric Vehicle – the biggest category, including all types of electric vehicles.
- HEV Hybrid Electric Vehicle – vehicles with both a conventional internal combustion engine with an electric propulsion system.
- ICE Internal Combustion Engine – a conventional petrol or diesel engine.
Marshall Motor Holdings Plc (LON:MMH), together with its subsidiaries, engages in retailing passenger cars and commercial vehicles in the United Kingdom. It sells new and used vehicles; and provides after sales services, such as servicing, body shop repairs, and parts sales.