- A chemical element with the symbol W and atomic number 74
- Tungsten’s important ores include Scheelite and Wolframite
- Outstanding physical and chemical characteristics, including:
- the worlds hardest element with the highest boiling point
- the lowest coefficient of expansion of any pure metals as well as high density
Used in a variety of specialised industrial applications and is known to have relatively poor substitutability by other metals.
W Resources Plc (LON:WRES) engages in the exploration and development of tungsten, tin, copper, and gold properties.